Saturday 17 January 2009

Opportunity: I'm a Scientist, Get me out of Here!

I’m a Scientist, Get me out of Here! is an online event for GCSE and A Level students, which gets young people talking to real scientists, learning about How Science Works (HSW) and science careers.

During the event, five scientists in each group compete for prize money to publicise their work. They put up information on the I’m a Scientist website and talk to school students online – answering questions and having live chats. The young people then vote for who they think should get the money.

Following a successful pilot project, I'm a Scientist... will run again in March and June 2009. They are looking for scientists to take part, talking to school students and developing their communication skills. Scientists are welcome to register their interest on the project website, which has full details of the role and requirements of the participating scientists.

No comments:

Post a Comment